Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First Blog

Have we really lost all ability to trust in God? With President Obama recently signing the Health Care Bill his popularity rate has dropped (who knew it could go lower than zero?) As I listen to the different opinions of my fellow Americans and Christians I feel somewhat disheartened. What kind of country are we that seeks to destroy our leaders? I am not, by all means, saying our government is perfect. I am simply saying that instead of trying to destroy and sabotage our leaders we should lift them up with prayer. There are things that President Obama does that I myself do not agree with. For one I do not agree with abortion. I do however believe in and agree with God. While we as humans may think that we are an intelligent species our knowledge and wisdom pales in comparison to God. God is not at all surprised that Obama won presidency. Nor is he shocked that the Health Care Bill passed. God knows all that could happen and all that will. I understand that some have strong opinions about politics and perhaps I am just a novice voicing his. But I feel that maybe, just maybe, if we decided to band together and lift up our leaders in prayer we may find out the power we truly have. Many have said they will not vote for Obama for a second term. To that I say how do you know? He has only been president for little over a year and still has three years left. A lot can change in three years. I am not here to say I am in league with President Obama. I am, however, in league with God. I feel disheartened when Christians, my own spiritual family who know Gods word, speak ill of our leader. God says we should pray for those in power that he may lead their way. I may not support President Obama in all that he does but I DO respect him. He is the leader of my home, my country. I believe all things happen for a reason. and this is no different. For all we know President Obama could end up being the most well liked and most revered president ever. We know not what the future may bring. We don't even know what may happen in the next five minutes. That is how limited our comprehension is. If you think about it we are no different than a child. We don't know what exists outside of our own world. When we are small we depend on our parents our guardians to guide and teach us. As I have grown older I have learned many things from God. I have also come to realize what the term "Walk by Faith not by sight" truly means. Our eyes are of this world and as such will only see as this world sees. Our Faith and our souls, however, are of Gods world. When we learn to differentiate between the two then and only then are we truly informed in all that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment